Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Just found family in our back garden Reply To: Just found family in our back garden

How sad – but I think Nic is correct, cats don’t usually bother hedgehogs other than to sniff them if they actually have to come face to face. Dogs – particularly terrier types – are a different thing altogether and I think badgers and foxes may also kill hedgehogs? Life is quite precarious if you are a hog! what with traffic and garden implements there is also the problem of garden poisons like slug pellets – often used – unwittingly – by neighbours, let alone things like parasites. I am learning so much about the little darlings!!

Hedgehog