Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Badgers and Hedgehogs Reply To: Badgers and Hedgehogs

Hi Penny,
Thank you for your reply, I to have not seen badgers in my area before, although I did see a dead one on the road last year or the year before. It was about half mile from my house, so probably not that far in Badger world, I don’t know how far they tend to roam, or if they normally travel together. A lot of videos and images I see of Badgers in peoples gardens tend to have more than 1 badger, quite often up to 3 or 4. So this is giving me hope that it is just 1 rogue badger. It seemed smallish, not much bigger than the cat caught on camera the same night. I can’t find much info about badgers but their population numbers don’t seem that high (circa 480,000). If that’s correct, then there are less badgers than hedgehogs, so I will enjoy the badger for now but secretly hope the hedgehogs return at some point either this year or next.

Hedgehog