Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Badgers and Hedgehogs Reply To: Badgers and Hedgehogs

Nic

Hi Penny

The numbers have gone down here too and no sign of any badgers. Some nights I only see one hog. The interesting thing is that sometimes the hogs I see, the cameras don’t manage to. They are really not as reliable as some people think and it is quite possible they are simply not picking up on the hogs. Having said that, missing hogs does seem to become a theme at certain times every year.

But the other thing is, that if someone else has been marking the hogs there, they are very probably feeding them as well.

Personally, I find the prospect of more A24 traps being around more worrying than badgers.

On a completely different subject, I had a closer image of what I think was the ‘UFO’ on video recently. Looked like a roundish thing with quite small quickly moving wings, so looked as if it was hovering. Still don’t know what it was, though!

Hedgehog