Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Badgers and Hedgehogs Reply To: Badgers and Hedgehogs

Nic

Hi Penny

Yes, rain would be fantastic. It’s just been too long now. Cracks have been appearing in the garden. You’re right, the flying insects seem to be having a field day! Just the sort of weather they like. I just hope that when the rain comes, it doesn’t all come at once and cause flooding.

Don’t worry about feeling paranoid! I think we all worry about the hogs, especially if they are absent, even though we know it happens sometimes. I just wish the hogs who did turn up looked their natural selves. I have a poor small hog (not sure whether it’s small enough for this year, if it is it must have been really early) who is covered in blobs, splatters and stripes seemingly in two different colours. I just feel so sorry for the poor little thing. Virtually every hog has been excessively marked. So sad for them all.

Nice to hear about the owls. As you say, at least there are some babies!

Hedgehog