Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales The X Files Cont'd… Reply To: The X Files Cont'd…

Nic

Hi Penny

Glad to hear you have solved the mystery. I think you are right and that although there aren’t many earthworms around, there are still beetles, especially in gardens that have provided good homes for them. There are certainly an abundance of flying insects! They seem to be relishing this weather and hogs do apparently eat caterpillars as well. The water is the really important thing, being so hard to find.

I only seem to have two hogs at the moment who I can rely on to any extent. A small one, who has me a bit puzzled. He seems big for this year’s hoglets but too small for last years. I am leaning towards thinking he is a really early this year’s hoglet. The poor little chap has fairly recently been excessively marked and is now spending a lot of time here. He doesn’t seem to have an invisibility cloak and I am getting more than 100 videos of him some nights! The other night he approached Digger from the rear and gave her a biff! Only a fairly gentle one – he isn’t very big – but even so! She turned round with her best Queen Victoria ‘we are not amused’ expression, but no more. Very tolerant!

Hedgehog