Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Return of my regular Reply To: Return of my regular

Finally, after three or four years residence in my garden, a hog has moved into one of my hog houses. During this recent hot weather feeding has sometimes been erratic, with some food left in the bowl but the water bowl, which doubles as a bird bath in the daytime, has been well used.

My cat drew my attention to the resident this morning; and lo, there in the front chamber was a large, sleeping hog. The rear chamber is packed with leaves and I did not examine this too closely for fear of disturbing anything which may be there. Time alone will tell whether this is a formal occupation or a temporary sleeping arrangement, though I am hoping that having discovered the delights of this accommodation, it takes up more permanent residence. It is ideally situated in a well sheltered quiet site free of direct sunlight. It does not, however, have a sea view!

Hedgehog