Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings First time hoglet sighting Reply To: First time hoglet sighting

Hi-
So lucky you have seen a hoglet.
We too are very new to this. We have a hog house and a separate feeding station and the camera. I am addicted and check the footage every morning.
I am by no means an expert but I have read, and the really knowledgeable people on this forum, don’t recommend feeding mealworms. It has something to do with calcium levels and can be very dangerous for the hedgehogs. I don’t know about the fat balls.
We feed ours Ark hedgehog food. I now but it in 10KG bag as it is free postage and split it with a lady in my street who also feeds them.
Good luck and keep us posted with your news.

Hedgehog