Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings First time hoglet sighting Reply To: First time hoglet sighting

Nic

P.S. to Deeb74
I hope you and the guys from the hedgehog highway team don’t feel too bad about the mealworms. Many of us used to include them in our feeding, until we found out about them and hogs do love them – like us with crisps! A very few as a treat very occasionally probably won’t do any harm, but the main problem is people who feed them (and sunflower hearts and peanuts to some extent) to the exclusion of anything else. My feeling is that if we are going to offer hogs supplementary feeding, what we offer should be as good for them as we can make it. In reality, of course, none of it’s ideal!

Maybe one day there will be enough habitat for the hogs so that we don’t need to supplementary feed any more – we can but dream! The hedgehog highway guys are doing a good job to try to make that a reality. I wish them every success.

Hedgehog