Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Pulling up the Drawbridge!! Reply To: Hedgehog Pulling up the Drawbridge!!

Hi DwarfHog and Deeb74,

Mine is definately a boy, as I have seen him bash other males, and from what you say about the fatsia leaves maybe they do like to close the door behind them?

I think our prickly firends are far more clever than we give them credit for – maybe I shouldnt go out in my garden at dusk in case they get me in a pincer movement like the veloceraptors in Jurrasic Park – clever hogs!!

I have 2 hog houses and both have had residents but never at the same time. I have peeked in and I’m amazed at how well they build their ‘nests’ with a nice carpet underneath them and then returning up the walls with the straw I put out as well using fallen leaves and the sticks of course.

As you say they make a nice round enclosure where a hedghog can rest up nice and sunggly. Also, when I cleaned out my hog house before the coming season (it was empty naurally), they had also created a depression in the earth – whether this was an intentional excavation or just occurred over a period of time through their sleeping habits I have no idea.

Hedgehog