Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings First time hoglet sighting Reply To: First time hoglet sighting

I’ve got a front and rear exit in case a quick escape is needed, and I’ve got bricks to stop the gangster or any of its associates lying down to try and get in at either entry. Speaking to a neighbour today, she’s not happy with this latest addition to the feline network as it’s also an assassin of Robins. In particular one that lived in her bird house. I’m hoping it’s just young and grows out of its nonsense.

In actual heggie news, the big guy was snuffling around last night, ate plenty but stayed close to the hog house. No sign of our ‘girl’ and the entrance to the house is undisturbed now 2 nights in a row. All is quiet inside though.

So still none the wiser, but now have 1 motion activated cameras trained on the house and one on the feeding station. Just hoping she’s ok.

It’s agonising!

Hedgehog