Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog visitors Reply To: Hedgehog visitors

Splendid news about your visitors and you’re doing all the right things to keep them coming back. Remember that the food we put out for them is meant to be supplemental to their normal diet and is not their main source of food. The amount of it that they’ll eat will vary over time and is not necessarily an indicator of what they think of it nor of any reliance upon it so don’t worry about them having a variety or that they’re not getting enough.

If it all goes every night then give them more if you want to but it’s highly unlikely that you’ll be overfeeding them, don’t worry about that. I do occasionally give them a treat (semi-moist Spikes Dinner) but a treat is more in my mind than it is in their’s who probably think a big juicy beetle is far more of a treat than anything I throw at them. I just know they prefer the semi-moist if given a choice.

The most important thing at the moment is definitely water and more water.

Keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll have a happy gang of hogs.

Hedgehog