Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Video footage of our day walker Reply To: Video footage of our day walker

What a lovely video!
I was feeling a little guilty, as I had turned to leaving just mealworms in the feeding stations, because it’s the only thing the local cats won’t bother trying to force their way inside to scoff!
I have read that mealworms aren’t the best food to leave out exclusively, but Spike’s Dinner & other foods for hedgehogs are not only sought by cats, but were usually rejected by the hedgehogs!
I don’t think our visiting hedgehog is becoming addicted to mealworms, as he’s only eating the dried mealworms occasionally – He’s often spotted on the night camera, browsing around the garden….hopefully not chomping too much on baby frogs!
He has been drinking a lot of water – our videos are set for 45 seconds duration, and he’s often still drinking when it ends.

Hedgehog