Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Vale wildife centre hedgehog care course Reply To: Vale wildife centre hedgehog care course

Hi arwood, great I am sure you will enjoy it!
Much of the course is in the classroom where all sorts of hedgehoggy things are talked about, you get a tour round the actual hospital, and the practicals are looking at a hedgehog poo sample under the microscope, and giving fluids to hedgehogs, which are dead ones! They had three which had died at the hospital and are used for the course. I didn’t do this just watched as its not something I can anticipate me doing for some time.
I don’t think there is anything you need to do/know beforehand, you will learn lots! You get a book with all the info in but I also took pen and notebook to make any notes.

Hedgehog