Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat WHAT TO FEED HEDGEHOGS Reply To: WHAT TO FEED HEDGEHOGS

I started to feed our hogs a few weeks ago, I started with dry cat food, then changed to Hedgehog food when I found that it was the hogs I was feeding (not the neighbours cat!) I was only feeding one to start with, the numbers are increasing each week, I am finding it difficult to distinguish between the different hogs, but know I have at least four visiting now. Two always arrive at the same time, but I have two feeding stations set up and we have frequent visitations during the night. I bought a packet of hedgehog niblets as a treat to sprinkle on the food, but they do not like it. I vary the food I buy, I was surprised to see that even Tesco sell it now, though I have not tried that one. When do Hedgehogs hibernate? Will they still come out occasionally for food during the winter?

Hedgehog