Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Group Reply To: Hedgehog Group

Hi Nic,

Sorry to hear that your numbers are still down, but reassured that we are not the only ones with missing hogs. Hopefully it is something to do with the weather, but if they don’t start showing up soon and stuffing themselves ready for hibernation, then I will know that something is definitely wrong.

I know that I said that I would refrain from naming anymore hogs – not that we have any to name – but our last remaining hog has been so excessively marked that you can’t help but identify him. I have named him Nero, seeing as the perpetrator seems to be working their way through the system of Roman numerals and has marked him VI. X, I, II and III have long since vanished, but I have yet to set eyes on IV and V! I shone the torch on him last night and the VI marks have faded so aren’t visible, yet they still show up as dark marks on the camera along with other scribbles, I dread to think what’s being used.

We also have a new cat on the scene, a Bengal I believe, it looks and behaves just like a miniature cheetah and stalks the hogs, not that they seem too bothered. It is a very skinny cat with long legs and the only one that has ever managed to drag the food from under the hedgehog pot. I thought they were normally kept as house cats, so I do wonder if it’s lost or been abandoned, it spent a long time meowing at me last night and trying to get a paw through the door, I even ended up feeding it…I must be going soft!

Hedgehog