Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Group Reply To: Hedgehog Group

Nic

Hi Suzynic

Sorry to hear about the fatality – always worse when it’s a hog you’ve got to know well.

It certainly has been a very strange year, hogwise. But there seem to be new people all the time finding they have hogs visiting, so maybe they just all started exploring further afield in the hot weather and have spread out more. We can only hope that that’s the case and that things eventually return to normal.

Good luck with the cam. They are so useful, but can also be such a nuisance! I wouldn’t read too much into there not being any evidence of hog poo. The one here at the moment is not leaving any ‘presents’. This reinforces my previous feeling that they seem to leave more when there are more hogs around. Maybe out of nervousness, to send a message, etc. – I haven’t worked that out! Having said that, the cat visits to my garden do seem to have increased again recently.

Good luck. Hope they turn up again soon.

Hedgehog