Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Seen my first hedgehog and now there are more!! Reply To: Seen my first hedgehog and now there are more!!

Hi
Can anyone tell me why I cannot start a new topic… the option is greyed out for me??
Found hogs on my patio (3) about 4 weeks ago and I started to feed them. I bought the Spike semi moist food which they like, I offered them apple but they left that.. They like mealworms but I have read these are not good so I only let them have about a teaspoon once a week.
I have just ordered a dome type hog house from amazon as they were reduced and I am on a budget.. It does not seem to have a base/floor should I make one? or just site it on the earth?
The hogs come each night now and eat the food and drink loads of water… I think they live in next doors garden as I can see a little path under the fence where there is a hole….
this is the house:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wildlife-World-Hedgehog-Care-Pack/dp/B00EPE9CBU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1535525568&sr=8-4&keywords=hedgehog+house

Thank you.

Hedgehog