Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Anxious Night Reply To: Anxious Night

Nic

Hi lewisdad

I’m so pleased to hear that some of them came back. I think, if they are hungry, they will eat one or other of the things you already have on offer. It might just be so exciting being free and having access to wild food, that they aren’t that hungry yet. You could go on for ever trying different things out! the felix cat food should be fine – chicken is apparently easier for them to digest than some. Not sure what Arden Grange dry is – cat biscuits? And a selection of hog food – what more could they want!

When I have released hogs here (over-wintered hoglets who did originally come from here) they didn’t eat any of the food on offer to start with, but came back later. The good thing is, at this time of year, there is still plenty of wild food around.

Keep us posted of progress.

Hedgehog