Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat WHAT TO FEED HEDGEHOGS Reply To: WHAT TO FEED HEDGEHOGS

Nic

Hi Buddy42

I completely agree with you about cats being kept in at night. When I had a cat he came in before dark and was perfectly happy. Apart from the damage they do to wildlife at night and early morning, they apparently have more accidents at night – so it is actually better for their own welfare to stay in.

That was a sad story about the wren. I hope that doesn’t happen to the bats here, but I keep seeing a cat lurking near the buddleia which is where bats often appear on video. I wouldn’t have thought there was much on a bat for cats to be interested in, but with well fed moggies it’s probably just a game which makes it even worse.

Hedgehog