Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Anxious Night Reply To: Anxious Night

Nic

Hi lewisdad

I think a little overweight is a bit of an understatement! Even the ones I released here in the past, who I sometimes used to think looked a bit like queen termites, weren’t as big as that! No wonder they weren’t hungry the first night. It is still possible, though, that it’s pregnant as well – difficult to tell.

Very enterprising of it to make a nest. The hay might work to save the lawn, but hogs can be very particular about what they use and don’t always use what we want them to! If I were you, I would try to leave a selection of different materials nearby. The hog here who made a nest used mostly dry leaves (they prefer medium sized ones – weigela ones got used quite a bit here because there was a bush nearby) and long (ornamental type) grasses. But he also picked some fresh green leaves as well.

Hedgehog