Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings A busy hedghog summer! Reply To: A busy hedghog summer!

Hi Palladium,

For my feeding station I tried an idea suggested by Nic on this forum.
I just made a surround out of old house bricks, leaving an entrance gap hopefully too small for a cat and laid a clear perspex sheet over the whole thing using more bricks on top just around the edge. This way I can see into the feeder from my kitchen window and watch the hogs eating. The perspex
keeps everything dry and I find two bricks high to be about right for making it awkward for cats.
I do see a wee mouse in there sometimes but he doesn’t eat all that much and
I guess he’s hungry too!

Hedgehog