Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Where have my hedgehogs gone? Reply To: Where have my hedgehogs gone?

Nic

Hi 5sandown

I know it’s always very worrying when our hog friends don’t turn up, but there are many reasons why this could be and it isn’t unusual, as such. I know it seems early for hibernation, but some of the males do seem to ‘disappear’ in September. They don’t have the worry of hoglet duties! They also come out of hibernation early.

I think it’s a good idea to keep leaving out food and water. As you say, they may just have found a natural food source. Also round this time of year newly independent hoglets sometimes appear. But, sometimes, when it gets to this stage, it’s just a case of waiting until next Spring and hope they appear again.

Hedgehog