Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat So many hogs… Reply To: So many hogs…

Thank you.
It was my gut feeling that these numbers were somewhat unusual. Having only lived in this house since March of this year, i can’t say if it is a sudden influx or the numbers have been good for sometime. I get mixed responses from neighbours on the numbers. Some are aware that the population is healthy, others ‘haven’t seen a hedgehog in years’ …and unbelievably the previous owner of our property (lived here 33 years) had only seen ONE!!!
There hasn’t been any local development to explain the influx…but what does concern me is the proposed link road that is planed for very near by. I shall certainly challenge the development planners on provision for wildlife, Jan-Marie and provide evidence of the hog population to add weight.
Speedy123…i am not aware of any local release sites, but, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any neccessarily. There could well be. The hogs are definitely nesting elsewhere, as i’m pretty sure there aren’t any living in the garden. So the ones i see are purely visitors, popping in for a sure meal. And as someone mentioned in a previous post…i too have people in to feed the hogs when i’m on holiday. I can’t not, knowing they probably drop by just for snackies!!!😋

Hedgehog