Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Juvenile's late in year, time to rescue? Reply To: Juvenile's late in year, time to rescue?

Hi Bonnie71,

Difficult call I know – usually the advice goes along the lines of trying to put them back where they were found. You don’t say how far you’ve moved the hog in geographical terms (feet, meters or miles) – but if its a territory familiar to him, smells and signals etc that he would recognise – then doesn’t sound too disruptive.
Don’t be surprised if he simply disappears again – as they are very determined when it comes to being where they want to be – and all the risks that that presents (hard for us to bear I know)
I think you just have to watch now, wait, hope he heads in the right direction when he is on the move again or stays put and takes advantage of the environment you have provided.
I’m fairly sure I would have done the same thing in your circumstances!

Hedgehog