Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales The X Files Cont'd… Reply To: The X Files Cont'd…

Well, not long after my last post they all went AWOL again and some nights we have been down to ZERO hogs. Now I don’t want to tempt fate here, but at the moment we are up to two and sometimes three. 🙂 Nero (or VI) vanished and has been replaced by Scrappy (III), so called because he has a large scar running the length of his chin. We also have a small female, she could be Nagini, but I’m still not 100% sure and occasionally we catch a glimpse of a juvenile who walks up to the food bowl, has a good old sniff and then walks off with his nose in the air, refusing to eat anything that’s on offer. I have been busy buying all kinds of hoggy delights to tempt them back, but they are just not interested, the Ark hedgehog Muesli is going down well with birds and an array of gourmet cat biscuits is tempting the entire village population of felines, but none of it good enough for our pampered Millennial hoggies it seems.

None of our hedgehog houses are deemed up to the mark either, so we are desperately hoping that they will be tempted back by a purpose built des res under the new shed. Yes, if 80 square feet of sub divided, dry and insulated accommodation along with an assortment of bedding isn’t good enough for the little darlings then I don’t know what is.

https://flic.kr/p/28RxRWN

Oh yes, and it seems that the cloaking device has been further refined; it is now possible for an entire dish of prime sausage meat to vanish without a single clip of the culprits, whilst every visit to the adjoining dish of cat biscuits is recorded in full throughout the night…I kid you not!

Hedgehog