Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our hedgehogs haven't been for 5 nights running…. Reply To: Our hedgehogs haven't been for 5 nights running….

Thanks Nic good point about the hoglets.

The food was untouched last night but it was a pretty wet and windy night and i have noticed before that the hogs sometimes don’t put in an appearance when the weather is wet and windy.

As you know from previous posts I always try and apply some sort of logic to this – maybe they reduce their range as they can find plenty of natural food, snails and slugs coming out in the rain, without the need to pay my garden a visit or maybe they just don’t like getting wet! When I have seen them in the rain I have often seen them do a good full body shake, exactly like dogs, too shed the rainwater which always puts a smile on my face.

Nevertheless I will keep putting food out, regardless of whether its eaten or not, just in case I have an infreqeunt hog visitor.

Hedgehog