Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Question about eating habits in October Reply To: Question about eating habits in October

Whereas last year I’d have three or four hogs at once, all tucking in happily, I have not had a single hog eat anything all year! I released four I collected from a wildlife hospital and they immediately bogged off to next door’s garden (I’ve got the neighbours involved with hogs) and are scoffing away there! One night, (and I need to whisper this) I even put out half-a-dozen live mealworms thinking they can’t possibly resist those but they ignored them completely. I’m now only getting one visitor most nights and the two types of hog food (Ark Wildlife and Spikes Dinner) and the water bowl are just treated as obstacles to climb over on their way through. Little darlings!

Hedgehog