Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Question about eating habits in October Reply To: Question about eating habits in October

I’m quite happy to take the blame ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I was told they couldn’t be released where they came from and perhaps should have asked why not. However, this hospital has been around for years and despite having a huge variety of wildlife they’re caring for, I just assumed they would know what they’re doing with all species. They’re well out in the countryside so could have just released them where they are but for some reason – perhaps the reasons you mention – decided not to. I was asked about our location so perhaps she thought we were their best chance. I think they’d been there for some time so hopefully any disease would have shown up whilst they were in care. Anyway, two months on, they do seem to be thriving so all seems well this time.

If it happens next year, I will press for more information.

Hedgehog