Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Question about eating habits in October Reply To: Question about eating habits in October

Hi- Re release. As I have mentioned before our local wildlife rescue had said that it is good to mix hedgehogs from different areas to increase the gene pool.
(Nic- Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier on this but our gorgeous dog has been ill and we had to make that tough decision all animal lovers hate to make).
Anyway I am going to a hedgehog talk tomorrow hosted by the above wildlife centre and have printed off the advice given by BHPS to give to them and hopefully they will follow it.
On a happy note (and the hoggies are really helping with the sadness) we have 2 hoggies sharing the hedgehog house- Big Daddy who is enormous and Cyclops who is smaller and missing an eye. We were tempted to catch him but he is doing well so we have decided to minimise stress and there is the possibility that it has already been treated. They really do bring me such joy!

Hedgehog