Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Question about eating habits in October Reply To: Question about eating habits in October

Nic

Hi simbo65

So sorry to hear about your dog. I know, so well, how hard that decision is to make and what a large empty space losing a much loved dog can leave. So pleased the hogs are still around to distract you a bit.

I have heard the gene pool argument before, but fear it is quasi-science. It does, however, make it more difficult, for those who believe it, to be persuaded by the BHPS, etc. Guidelines. As I said to lewisdad, there are a very small number of hogs who cannot be released in their home areas, but I suspect most can – if not in an actual garden, at least within their home range. I just hope that all rescue places at least read the guidelines. There are some very knowledgeable people behind them. If I took some hoglets to a rescue place, I would be horrified to think that the same ones might not come back to where they belong.

I hope Big Daddy and Cyclops continue to do well. Hedgehogs don’t have particularly good eyesight anyway and tend to rely more on their sense of smell and hearing, so hopefully Cyclops will do o.k. I agree, hedgehogs are an absolute delight to have around!

Hedgehog