Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Question about eating habits in October Reply To: Question about eating habits in October

Sorry to hear about your dog simbo65, yes the hogs do have a way of helping you cope and putting a smile on your face…I just wish they wouldn’t keep going AWOL!

On the subject of release sites, I was very saddened by a BBC program that was aired a few weeks ago- the Lincolnshire edition of ‘Inside Out’ I believe. On the face of it things looked wonderful for a large number of rehabilitated hedgehogs that travelled a substantial distance to be released into the idyllic – previously hog free! – sprawling grounds of a stately home. I just couldn’t help wondering as to why the apparently ‘predator free’ utopia didn’t already have its own hedgehog inhabitants, but even more disturbing was the fact that these hedgehogs would not be returning to their native Lincolnshire town, leaving a very large hole in the local population and the residents of Scunthorpe wondering where on earth have all their hedgehogs disappeared to? 🙁

Hedgehog