Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat WHAT TO FEED HEDGEHOGS 2018 Reply To: WHAT TO FEED HEDGEHOGS 2018

Hi Nic

Yes I thought it was a good result as I was half expecting not to hear anything back from them. I think it would probably just confuse the issue further if I pursue the contradictions!

The actual wording on the packet relating to cat food is ‘Cat or dog food may contain unsuitable ingredients and are likely to attract flies’. Certainly our neighbouring cats show no interest in the TRFF and I know they would scoff the lot if I put cat food out. It does however appear very attractive to both wood mice and blackbirds.

Its good they do name a couple of wildlife hospitals even if they are not known to us. A little out of our area as we are on the south eastern edge of the New Forest.

No sign of our hogs for over a week now so it seems likely they have hibernated.

Hedgehog