Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our hedgehogs haven't been for 5 nights running…. Reply To: Our hedgehogs haven't been for 5 nights running….

The feeding stations have not been visited here (in Kent) for the last three nights running, and all straws placed across house entrances etc remain untriggered.

Uneaten wet food has been put out the following night for the foxes but now I’m moving over to leaving out dried food only in the feeding-stations, they are going to have to find their own supper (I’ve also a few tins of Tesco’s cat-food that neither hedgehogs or our cats seem to like, for feeding to the foxes when it gets really cold).

I’m strangely sad that my spikies have disappeared for a while, even though I’m still kept busy cleaning and feeding the bird-feeders and now beginning to see winter feeders returning to the garden (the male chaffinches are back 🙂 ).

I’m also going to have to start digging up the dahlia tubers and gladioli bulbs soon as the nights draw in and frosts threaten to return.

Hedgehog