Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our hedgehogs haven't been for 5 nights running…. Reply To: Our hedgehogs haven't been for 5 nights running….

@Nic This was normal shaped poo but quite green (like Goose Poo !!)

To backtrack a bit….we’ve had Hogs for over a decade but this year because I could not see how they were getting in I made a Hog Hole on one side of the garden and also built a ramp as there is quite a difference in level.

Within 24 hours we had hogs of all sizes using the ramp, then I added a Hog Feeder and after several days they found this.

Finally I added a second Hog Hole in my neighbours fence (Ssshhhh!!!) and almost immediately they were coming and going via either entrance, eating lots of Hog Food and not leaving me any ‘parcels’…….then all of a sudden they started to poo inside the hog feeder, so much so the younger hogs would visibly reverse out at the smell. I moved the feeder slightly each night so it was on fresh grass but they kept pooping…..then (recently) the poo became green instead of black.

We went away for a week, left lots of food available and when we returned we were still getting visits, just less Hogs and now nothing!!

I just want our Hogs back, unless of course they are all hibernating….but I’ll keep putting fresh food out either way.

Hedgehog