Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Still feeding Reply To: Still feeding

Nic

Hi Gr8mums

Whilst I suspect most hogs are hibernating by now, it isn’t unusual for there still to be some left out and about. I have found that the hoglets tend to go latest and I still have two visiting here. There is, also, the occasional hog who decides not to hibernate at all. Last year one here didn’t. He had made a very elaborate nest but he only used it for over-day stays and then not every day.

Having said that, I wouldn’t like to guarantee that cats can’t get into your feeding station, unless you have gone to great lengths to prevent them. The cats here are very resourceful and seem quite able to get into the usual feeding stations and eat the hog food cats aren’t supposed to like!

Hedgehog