Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Loads of good info sheets! (feeding etc.) Reply To: Loads of good info sheets! (feeding etc.)

Hi Nic,

There is a fair amount of people rescuing hedgehogs over here. Although I do think autumn hedgehogs are taken in too early. When they came and got my first hedge hog and then found the two others which they did not take, or wanted. I started reading about them. And found out loads of info such as an english scientific research which said autumn juvenile grow quicker then other juveniles, so if they are given or find enough food they will be fine and even the same size as their country parts from earlier. So I red quiet a lot and as I speak multiple languages I could go abroad as well in search fro information. ๐Ÿ˜‰ So thank you for pointing out the info at this website but I already red it ๐Ÿ˜‰

What doesn’t exist in he Netherlands is communities like you who open up their gardens with hedgehog doors. Or people making their garden hedgehog or even nature friendly. There are a few but most people do like their slabs in their little gardens. Luckily for us we live at the border of a park and have a very natural garden so we get lots of wildlife even though its a small garden 6-15 meters.

Keep up the good hedge work!
My hedgies are finally off to bed, I just found a uneaten tray again.

Hedgehog