Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Over wintering…. Reply To: Over wintering….

Hi, I have two hogs indoors at the moment. My hedgehog carer was unable to look after them, so advised me on what to do. Unfortunately due to personal issues is unable to advise at the moment.One is eating well etc doing well. Was an underweight juvenile, now 560 grms. The other a Male is now 620 grms ,picking at food drinking , but not pooing or weeing, is he thinking about hibernating.?This has be going on for a while. Brought him inside from hog hotel in green house as he was losing weight. He was another underweight juvenile. Found on 2/11/18. He has built himself a nice nest using hay, paper and dry leaves. Seems o.k otherwise. Comes out at least once at night. Both are in separate cages. Room temp low, at night cooler.

Hedgehog