Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Do hedgehogs feed during hibernation? Reply To: Do hedgehogs feed during hibernation?

i have a couple of rescue hedgehogs in hibernation that will be released in the spring, both have HD cameras monitoring them 24/7 one went into hibernation early Nov, she has stirred 3 times so far, just to remake her bed, the male in the house/run who’s a grumpy hog has woken up every week on average for a night of burrowing in the leaves in the run, there is plenty of compost worms (small red worms) and beetles under the leaves so just guessing its eating them, its not interested in any food i put out, but it does enjoy a good drink of rain water, it also spends time making its bed, i think hedgehogs are as complex as humans, no rule suits all, but they make me smile…

Hedgehog