Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeding? Reply To: Feeding?

I tried several feeding stations before my husband built one with a maze entrance which finally foiled the very persistent cat that had decided I was a new food source. Most cats couldn’t get into my first feeding stations but a persistent tabby was so athletic that he crawled through a very small tunnel to steal the food every night. So my advice is to use a cleverly constructed station (I found a diagram on the internet) and not to put food outside as cats are bound to find food. I agree that keeping the station only for food and water is best. Hopeogs will create their own nesting sites but finding food can be more challenging, so offering a helping hand on feeding is more useful than a bed if you only have one ‘box’.

Hedgehog