Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat When should hedgehogs be out of hibernation Reply To: When should hedgehogs be out of hibernation

Hi Nic-
I need some more advice. Cyclops does not want to move out of her hedgehog house so it has not be cleaned. The last 2 nights she has actually taking more nesting material in……….could she be getting ready for babies?
Also she came out of hibernation on 18 April and has had a couple of hours here and there where she wanders off but in general is staying very near the feeding station and HH house. I wander if she should be looking for more natural food and should I put less out for her. I don’t know if she is becoming too dependant on our food. The other 2 hedgehogs that have visited didn’t come last night so she has eaten all that was out.
Thanks

Hedgehog