Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Whats in your dish? Reply To: Whats in your dish?

Hi

I’ve tried a few different foods and I seem to have found one that the hogs around here like.

I put out Tesco chicken small dog dry dog food (needs to be for small dogs so that it’s small enough for the hogs to eat).
Occasionally, I will put out some cooked chicken, cooked potatoes/rice or cooked vegetables. I only put small amounts of these out, not every night, and always with the dry dog food option. Sometimes, I’ll add some tinned dog food too.

But I always make sure that there is plenty of fresh water in the feeding station & elsewhere in the garden.
I have 2 large plant saucers that I seem to be constantly filling with water. My original plan was that the hogs could have a drink or a paddle in them but it seems that the birds like to have baths in them too (hence the never-ending refilling).

Hedgehog