Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hogs with rear broken legs Reply To: Hogs with rear broken legs

After an agonising day thinking about the problem, I have decided to relocate the remaining three hogs, plus the amputee. I help a local hedgehog rescue and they have a regular site similar to mine, with a lady who monitors the release hogs in the same way I do. I know this is not ideal, and many would criticise me for moving healthy wild hogs into a different location,(about five miles.)but I really cannot bear seeing my remaining healthy hogs picked off after investing so much time, money and effort in them. I will stop putting wet food out and leave only dry food for a while, and keep an eye out to check that I have got all the remaining hogs from the colony in. Thank you for replying and giving me very sensible advice in what has been a very difficult situation. I will give it a year, then start again. At least in the future I will know what to look out for and if the same situation ever happens again, I will be able to react far more quickly.

Hedgehog