Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hogs with rear broken legs Reply To: Hogs with rear broken legs

Hi Anne, just to say how sorry I am to read your post. I also thought of dogs. We have a neighbour who has dogs on a lead and said they can smell hogs a mile off. Some people don’t care and let dogs run round with no leads and others, as I’m sure you know, train dogs to catch anything that moves. Your police should have a wildlife officer who may know your area and what potential problems are around. Local police may know some idiots who train dogs and a residents assos may also know if it’s going on in your area. So sad, I understand your distress and the urge to move and protect. Best wishes. X

Hedgehog