Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Tiny hedgehog in my garden Reply To: Tiny hedgehog in my garden

Hi Sarah k, one thing to say is that freshly weaned hoglets do look tiny – and can weigh typically between 150-200gms on leaving mum, which looks very small. the good news is that if she or he is eating your wet food then its definitely weaned and they do put on weight very quickly once they find a good and regular food source. so my advice would be, if the little dot is turning up regularly and doesn’t appear to be in any state of ill health or distress I would just keep offering good quality food and fresh water and keep a monitoring eye. the fact you have other hogs in the area is a good sign too. It may be an only survivor from a litter – or perhaps you may see more turning up once word is out that there is some food on the go. Fingers crossed for you and little dot.

Hedgehog