Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Busy under the decking Reply To: Busy under the decking

Hi Simbo65,

Just had a look at the camera footage and I sat and watched the hog for a while last night. I think he’s using the decking as cover for getting around the garden, as it’s still light here till well after 10pm . He’s coming down from the top of the garden where the nesting boxes are via the side borders which have a lot of bushes and undergrowth at the moment. He nips under the decking and goes right through it and comes out at the back of the summerhouse , and then up under a large bush to get to the feeding box and water ! A very long way to go round but it means he’s under cover for most of the time, he’s only visible for a few seconds before he goes under the summer house . He’s also being very careful to avoid the big bully hog who I’m sure would struggle to get under the decking .
No sign of any leaves or bedding being taken in, so no nesting going on under there .
What a clever wee hog he is !

Hedgehog