Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings All tangled up ! Reply To: All tangled up !

Nic

Hi Gr8mums

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the image clear enough to be able to see exactly what’s going on.

If you think it is string, or the like – hogs can also get tangled in garden netting, rubber bands, etc. – it seems unlikely that it will be able to get it off itself. Is there any chance that you can catch it and get it to a carer? I think I’ve read that they recommend you don’t try to untangle the hogs yourself – partly because it isn’t always as easy as it looks (and might inadvertently cause further injury to the hog) but also, it could have caused cuts into the hogs flesh which will need treating.

It might be worth ringing a carer and give a better description to them so that they can advise. (and you may be able to email them a clearer image) If you don’t already have the number of your local carer you can get it from the BHPS on 01584 890801.

Fingers crossed it is something less injurious. Good luck.

Hedgehog