Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings All tangled up ! Reply To: All tangled up !

Thanks Nic.

I’ve phoned the Scottish SPCA and they’ve said to try and catch it too. The fear is that the string (or whatever it is ) will further injure the hog or get caught on something and the hog will get trapped .

If I can easily remove the string, then I will and let the hog go. If not, keep him overnight and then phone them again first thing tomorrow (they open at 7am) and they will get an officer to come and have a look and decide what’s best to do. They are also open till 10pm tonight, so if he turns up before then they’ll come out .

Will be keeping a close eye out for him tonight! I’ve got an old hutch that I used to have a guinea pig in, I’ve put an old fleecy blanket, some food and water and a little shelter in it, in case I need to keep the hog overnight. Do you think that sounds ok ?

Thanks for the advice.

Hedgehog