Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Tiny hedgehog in my garden Reply To: Tiny hedgehog in my garden

Nic

That’s a good idea and good that the hog house will stay. If you could leave a message asking the new tenants if they could make sure there was at least water always available, that would help, even if they didn’t want to feed. You never know, they might be excited that there are hedgehogs around! Did you have any luck with the other neighbours? Maybe they, too could leave out water, if not willing to feed. It doesn’t seem so important with all this wet weather at the moment, but when we have dry spells can be a life saver for hogs.

If you go to the BHPS site (click on their logo above), there are lots of posters/leaflets about hogs. Maybe you could leave a copy of for instance https://www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/leaflets/A-guide-to-helping-hedgehogs.pdf
somewhere that the new tenants would find it.

Or if you leave a list of useful numbers, maybe you could add something to that and include, i.e. link to Hedgehog Street, local hog carer, hog food supplier, etc.

Good luck.

Hedgehog