Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Where have they gone Reply To: Where have they gone

Hi, think I’m ” hogging” this sight! Sorry. Right, The male courting little Pippa is not Kit, former Kitty, so another name to find! Or should I bother at all naming them? Kitty and Dinky Minky have disappeared, so hopefully breading with a nest. Big Benny who was coming every night, now misses some nights and only eats wet cat food. The only regular one is little Pippa who comes to the front garden every night between 11 and 11-30pm. I have noticed when it has rained a lot they are more absent, so there must be lots of juicy things to eat, so don’t worry too much. My poor white tail bumble bees are having an awful time, sodden with rain, staying in the bird box or dead and dieing all over the path. My unkempt garden has lots of tops off washing liquid with leaves and flowers in covered in sugar water and I’m running round picking them up half the time. The baby Bluetits will be out of their box soon, lots of baby sparrows and some Goldfinches babies. Glad to say I don’t have a wood mouse this year that sneaked in through the front door! It took 4 months to catch it and release it in a wood a few miles away. It sat on the dresser at night watching us, as soon as I opened my eyes all I saw was a tail disappear! All we need now is for it to rain frogs.. Let’s hope hhogs are back soon with babes in tow, good luck all.

Hedgehog