Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Road signs, dft Reply To: Road signs, dft

Hi Nic, thankyou for the info. I did get the hog signs link from Hugh for dft, only there was no way to ask to be considered for a sign like he asked us too. I know my mp, so will probably contact him and also know my county Councillor. My argument from the start was these signs were not really to protect the hogs, but, as you have deduced, they are there to protect people who may hit one and have a motor accident! Or, if a number of hogs have been road kill. I also have checked the map which says 100 hog sightings! I wonder if I have accidentally knocked the map as I use my phone and it’s easy to knock it by accident! I have five visiting our garden and they cross two roads to reach the grass verges where a neighbour has seen them. We have 20mph on both roads, but with precious few police nowadays people are speeding up and down these roads. I truly thank you for your help and hope your visiting hogs stay fit and well.

Hedgehog